Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Crackle.

Last week I bought the Barry M crackle polish. I love it. Expect to see a whole load of crackly NOTD's over the next few weeks. 

This is my first go with it. I'm wearing the crackle polish over Models Own Neon Pink. 
It's a little chipped, but I kind of think that looks ok with the crackle polish, I feel like the whole point of it is to look messy. 

I think I'll try it over silver tomorrow. 

With the nailpolish I also picked up an eyeliner and a lipstick from Barry M, which I'll probably review once I've seen what the wear is like on them. I also did a little shopping today, I picked up a satchel-type bag from Penney's for €13. 


and some new flats which were on sale for €3. I'm super picky about flats, the only ones I've ever liked (Rocket Dog Positive Tattoo and the ones with the bird on the branch) are no longer available and all my pairs have holes. The new ones are covered in baked goods and look bloody ridiculous. (If anyone out there happens to have a spare pair of Positive Tattoo's in a UK 8, I will buy them from you). So whenever I see a pair of cheap flats that aren't too hateful I tend to buy them, just for the odd time I want to wear a pretty dress. 


I thought these were ok, and they fold a little so I can throw them in my bag if I'm wearing heels. 

I also picked up some books from Charlie Byrne's. I got The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams) and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep (Philip K. Dick). 
I seriously don't know how I managed to go so long with out reading Hitch Hiker's Guide, I seriously read it in 2 hours and I just couldn't put it down. I think I must have seen the movie at some point without realising it because it all seemed very familiar. 
I'll get onto Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep tomorrow, hopefully I'll like it, the blurb on the back sounds promising. In the meantime I have The Runaways to watch and half of the Sin City graphic novel to read, which I borrowed from the library today. 


Is anyone else smitten with the crackle? Read any good books lately? Harbour a love of the old Rocket Dogs? Let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment