Thursday, October 28, 2010

Burt's Bees Cleanser and Exfoliator Review

I thought I'd do a quick review on the face products I'm using at the moment. 

I'm a big fan of Burt's Bees products and I like almost all of them, so I've been using their cleanser for the past 3 years or so and more recently I've begun to use their exfoliater. 
Image from backyardgardner.com because my tube is old and wouldn't make for a great picture
So this is the cleanser I use, the Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream. I absolutely love it. It makes my skin feel clean, soft and doesn't leave it dry or oily or anything.

Pros:
It smells AMAZING. It reminds me a little of sherbert or something. 
It gives a nice tingly sensation on your face which I love, but some people might find slightly uncomfortable.
It removes makeup reasonably well.
The cap is on the bottom so no shaking it trying to get product out.
It's 97% natural. Now I'm not too fussed about using natural products, but for me it's a plus if a product I love doesn't have too many nasties in it. 
It lasts a long time. I've been going through a bottle every 9-10 months.
It's good for clearing pores.
Not tested on animals, which is always a plus.

Cons:
It's not great for removing eye makeup. I use it if I'm only wearing very light eye makeup but anything heavy and I have to break out an eye makeup remover. Also whatever gives it the nice tingly effect stings if it gets in your eyes. 
It doesn't foam. I prefer that it doesn't foam, because foaming is usually caused by SLS which I try to avoid as much as I can. However if you like a foaming wash this may not be ideal for you. 

Overall I definitely recommend this, it's great. 

I assume this is easy to find everywhere, here's it available in healthfood shops and chemists and retails for around €13 for a 6oz tube. I get mine from Evergreen who have a website here from which you can buy this product if you're in Europe.


Picture from thedailyobsession.net

I bought this Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub around a month ago. I needed a new exfoliator and I saw this on clearance in a chemist so I bought it. I'm quite unimpressed with it. 

Pros:
It smells nice
After using it my face feels quite soft
On my neck it works well
Not tested on animals
98% natural

Cons:
The Exfoliating bits are so scratchy!!  Apparently it's "finely ground peach stones" but there's nothing finely ground about it. They're big, sharp bit's of peach stone and they're uncomfortable on my face. 
It doesn't go far at all, you need to use an awful lot of it in each go. 
My face feels quite dry after I use it.

I don't recommend this at all. I'll probably use it to exfoliate my neck and arms but it's way too harsh for my face.

I paid €7 for this, but I think it's around €12 full price.

No comments:

Post a Comment