Sunday, August 14, 2011

MUA Swatches

I was in Dublin on Thursday for the Best in Beaut.ie Awards (more on that later) and I found a bit of time to go shopping while I was there. Of course I had to head out to Superdrug and pick up some MUA cosmetics. I really wish somewhere in Galway would stock MUA, their products are fantastic and so, so cheap. 

My haul :D 

As always, you can click on the pictures to make them bigger
This is the MUA Professional Palette in Heaven and Earth. It's one of the most versatile palettes I've ever bought. Every eyeshadow in there can be matched with another one to create a full look. It's got lid shades, crease shades and, unlike many palettes, highlight shades. 


Costing a super reasonable €4.75, this palette can easily fit most budgets. I will be stocking up on these next time I'm in a Superdrug, so a warning to my friends: You're all getting these as birthday presents.

Of course I managed to swatch everything upside down. Top row in the palette is the bottom  row of swatches and vice versa. Eyeshadows are swatched over UDPP

I also got the Starry Night palette. I own very few grey eyeshadows, so this is perfect to fill that gap. I can't see myself getting much wear from the pinks and purples in this palette, as they're a little too cool-toned for me, but I love the greys and the shimmery black. 

The colours are a bit more vibrant than this IRL, my flash washed them out a little. 
Superdrug didn't have a great selection of single eyeshadows when I was there, they were sold out of most of them. Therefore the only single I picked up was Shade 8- Pearl. 


The single eyeshadows are €1.05 iirc.

Swatched upside-down again, oops. Shade 8 is tacked on there at the end. 
I'd never tried MUA's lipsticks before so I grabbed a few of those too. 


I think the lipsticks were also €1.05, but I've lost my receipt so I'm probably wrong. 

L-R: Shade 11, Shade 1, Shade 8. 
Lipsticks are swatched over Urban Decays Lip Primer 
Shade 11 is a lovely, creamy nude. I've been looking for a shade like this for ages so I'm glad to have found one, especially one that's so cheap

My lip piercing looks super crooked in these photos. It's not, I just have wonky lips and the bar is too long. 

Shade one is a quite glossy red. I can see this being my go-to red this Autumn


Shade 8 is the final colour I bought. It's a sheer red with gold glitter.


When I swatched this in Superdrug I thought it would be my favourite, but on my lips it doesn't really work at all. The other two applied perfectly, but this one was a pain. It went on patchily and bled a little at the edges of my lips. I'll get some wear out of it, but I won't be reaching for it as often as the others. 


What's everyone else's thoughts on MUA?
Can anyone recommend me any other products to try from them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment